- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
Femmes and Friends! Programming Chair Allison (aka Cherry) here. I can’t believe that the conference is almost here!
We on the Programming Committee have spent the past 9 months working really hard to secure a lineup of kickass, challenging, thought-provoking workshops, panels, lectures, and skillshares. It’s like we could have had a baby in that time, and it also kind of feels like we are about to! I’m so excited about the schedule. We met a lot of the goals that I personally wanted to see happen, as far as expanding the repertoire of programming. There’s also still stuff missing and areas where we can continue improving. We’d love to hear from you during or after the conference about what you loved and what didn’t work for you.
Please also take note of OPEN SPACE! This is specifically for spontaneous workshops – that burning topic that isn’t covered elsewhere, or maybe to continue a discussion from another workshop, or something brand-new that just came up for you. We have one room open Friday at 3:30 and then another room all Sunday morning for you, conference attendees, to organize your own spontaneous workshop or caucus. There will be a community board at registration for just this purpose. Rooms are also open during the lunch break times.
We are also still on the lookout for a few caucus facilitators / moderators, for “Femmes Who ID as Other Than Female”; “PoC Femmes”; and “Femmes with Dis/abilities.” Let me know if you are interested! And we have room for a few more Sunday caucuses, as well.
On that note, we do still have some room available in the (new this year!) Skillshare Fair, if you have a crafty or hands-on skill you’d like to share. Get in touch! .
I’m also excited about this year’s art show, another aspect of Programming. This year, in addition to highlighting the visual art of femmes in our communities, we are adding an ongoing, interactive art-making station. We hope you will stop by and make some art to display – and that you can take home at the end of the weekend!
See you next week (eek, can’t believe I just typed that!).
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- [email protected] Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email [email protected] to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- [email protected] registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER HERE
Video & Performance Teasers
- Lasara on More Than Childcare
- Daisy B. on We’re having a clothing swap! Can you provide some fashion?
- Hunter on The Official Femme 2012 Film Festival Program!
- Kathrine Kempt on Femme 2012 Announced!
- Rosie Garland on Performing For Femmes