- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
greetings femme geniuses…
i am looking forward to being with all of you in just a couple weeks. i’ve been thinking about you every day for months as i create intentions and aspirations for how i want to be with you, what i want to impart. as the date gets closer i am getting more nervous, excited, feeling the amazing responsibility of being asked to speak to this community in a way that helps us ‘pull the pieces together’ and know ourselves collectively. wow, what an honor.
i would love if you would help me by bringing something of yourself to contribute to a collective altar/bird nest, which we’ll create together at the beginning of my keynote. it could be anything, a scrap of fabric, a bone, a note from your childhood best friend, a drawing, a leaf, a doll, a piece of wood, a jar of fingernails, a can of spam… this will help me feel connected to you, help me know more about who you are and feel held by you.
* your contribution should be an expression of who you are and where you come from
* it only needs to have meaning to you, and you don’t have to explain it
* the altar itself is not religious or spiritual in any specific way
* give some thought to how your contribution may impact others, positively or negatively.
* be mindful of cultural appropriation. share what is authentically yours to share.
* nothing burn-y or smelly. some people are sensitive to scents and/or smoke and we want everyone to be able to be present
* don’t contribute something super valuable or that you couldn’t stand to lose
* we will need to relocate the altar after the keynote, so keep it portable
* you can reclaim your offering at any point
* this is ours, we create it, collectively.
thank you for your time and attention… sending love! see you soon!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- [email protected] Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email [email protected] to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- [email protected] registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER HERE
Video & Performance Teasers
- Lasara on More Than Childcare
- Daisy B. on We’re having a clothing swap! Can you provide some fashion?
- Hunter on The Official Femme 2012 Film Festival Program!
- Kathrine Kempt on Femme 2012 Announced!
- Rosie Garland on Performing For Femmes