- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
Cherry Poppins (or, Allison Stelly) here, Programming Chair… and I am so excited to finally be able to post about the all of the wonderful workshops, skillshares, speakers, and lectures that will be happening at this year’s Femme Conference! We (the femmes of the Programming Committee) have been super busy for the past month finalizing selections and getting the lineup together. We’re still finishing the schedule (look for it up by mid-July), but here’s a sneak peek of what the weekend will hold!
We are looking at a jam-packed schedule, starting Friday morning and ending early Sunday evening. And that includes close to 40 workshops! Here’s a sampling of a few titles below:
> Femme of Colour Survivors: Badass Resilience
> Mean Girls: Community Conversations on Femme Competition
> Sex Positive Play: Expanding Our Edges
> Pretty Bois & Femme Guys: Non-Female Identities and Feminine Expressions
> Cabaret Costume Clinic for Every Body
> Enabling What? Sex, Disability, and Relationships
> Beyond Classy: Working Class Femme Power
> Escape Artists: Femme Tour Organizers Talk About Touring Shows
> Cultivating Femme Community, Resisting the PIC (prison-industrial complex)
> Destroy the Hierarchies. Stop Re-inventing the (w)Heel: An Intergenerational Dialogue About Support, Survival, and Ageism
> And SO MUCH MORE!
Not to mention…
> An academic lecture track filled with back to back presentations
> A skillshare fair, with various demonstrators and peer educators sharing their knowledge on topics from bike maintenance to making hair accessories to bootblacking
> Interactive workshops on joke-writing, ballet for everyone, art-making, self-defense, and more
> Featured speaker, Imogen Binnie
> Lunchtime caucuses
> A writer’s meet-up
> A femme music jam
> Femme on femme speed dating
> And of course, our keynotes, Nomy Lamm and Pratibha Parmar!
I can’t wait to spend the weekend pulling together all of the pieces with you: having incredible community conversations, making art, making dates, hearing amazing presentations and speakers, thinking about intersectionality, and continuing to push ourselves, to learn, to grow together.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- [email protected] Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email [email protected] to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- [email protected] registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER HERE
Video & Performance Teasers
- Lasara on More Than Childcare
- Daisy B. on We’re having a clothing swap! Can you provide some fashion?
- Hunter on The Official Femme 2012 Film Festival Program!
- Kathrine Kempt on Femme 2012 Announced!
- Rosie Garland on Performing For Femmes